Warrant was never my favorite band but they were one of those bands that shaped my musical interests at the time, around 1989 and 1990, which would put me at 12 and 13 years old. I remember going to buy their cassette tape album, "Cherry Pie" at Musicland and despite the "Warning: Parental Advisory-Explicit Lyrics" label on it, I was still able to purchase the album. Ah, the good old days. I listened to that tape over and over again and loved their videos they played on MTV. They had a song on there called "Ode to Tipper Gore" which was basically a bunch of "F You's" edited together. I thought it was comical even though I had no idea who Tipper Gore was at that time.
I never saw Warrant in concert because I really too young but in 2005, my friend worked in a building right next to my work and they had an afternoon acoustic concert with some of the lead singers from 80's bands and Jani Lane was one of them. I watched the short performance and thought he sounded pretty good after all those years.
RIP, Jani Lane.


2 comments:
I never heard about this. Sad. I used to love Warrant when I was a kid. Sad.
"Heaven isn't too far awaaaaaay, ah ah, closer to it every dayyyyy" One of my favorite 80's ballads of all time!!! I hadn't heard this news, thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment