Thursday, August 18, 2011

Random Schmandom

Hello!  I've been blogging pretty regularly but what I haven't been doing is visiting all y'all blogs lately!  My Google Reader is packed full of bolded new posts (134 to be exact!) from you guys and I haven't gotten to them in quite a while.  While I haven't been loving you so much lately, keep loving me!  I'll catch up with my comments to you very soon!

So what's been going on lately?!  I can't believe summer is almost gone!  August is more than half way through and the snow will be here before you know it.  I HOPE it's a mild, non-snowy winter.  Last winter was so brutal.

We had an employee appreciation day at work yesterday.  We watched Back to the Future in the morning and had freshly popped popcorn and candy and then at noon we had Cossetta Eventi for lunch.  After lunch we could play games and later in the afternoon there was an ice cream bar.  During these events we had a planking competition.  If you don't know what planking is, read about it HERE. The contest ran all day and whoever was the most creative in their planking, not most dangerous, would win a prize.

Here's the winner! If you don't think this would be hard, you're mistaken!  This is Vince and he's my in my dept. at work and my cube neighbor.  He won 4 tix to see the Vikes/Dallas game later this month.  Come tailgating with us Vince!


Second place planker:


Here is a picture of a butterfly in our yard on Sunday.  I love butterflies!



Who wants to go shopping?  I get reward points when I use my credit card and I cashed out all the points I've accumulated and picked these gift cards.  I can do a lot with these!


I saw this "car" last week.  I passed it and actually turned around and found it in the Target parking lot because I was so amazed at this beast.  It's the body of a Cadillac Fleetwood.  The guy that was driving it was probably around 60 years old. Holy redneck! 


A license plate I saw last month and a bumper sticker I saw yesterday:



These pics are kind of embarrassing but the first photo is what our cupboards looked like.  This is the cupboard we keep at the spices, oils, baking supplies, etc.  After throwing out a half garbage bag of expired and unused items, the second photo is the cleaned up version.  I bought a few baskets from the dollar store and now each shelf is organized; shelf one is for spices and hot sauces, shelf two is for sugar, flour, popcorn and oils and shelf three is baking stuff that isn't used very often like food coloring, baking soda and extracts.  


And finally, I leave you with pictures of my fuzzy babies from yesterday.


6 comments:

jenny said...

okay, so i'm so glad you finally helped me figure out why people were posting all these random planking pictures everywhere - haha! i was clueless! also, where do you work? i want a day like that! the cupboards look good. i should do the same thing. i'm super bad about commenting but i'm always reading. :)

Ang said...

oh planking... when will you go away?!

did you see the photo a shared from Kare11 yesterday on Facebook? If not, go take a peek.. it's all the rage now and it makes me pee!

Jamie said...

That is funny your work does that with the planking. Funny. Cool pics though, esp the cats :) Your funny with your cupboard pic but organization is always exciting! :)

Sara Strand said...

I don't understand the planking thing. Am I missing out on something? Do you have to see it in action to get it? I don't know.

But YAY for shopping and organizing! I don't know if you saw on Pinterest that you can use wider magazine holders are can dispensers. Like, if you have cans of soup, veggies, etc they fit into a wide magazine holder? I think I might need to try that since I'm short on space. :)

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I love these random posts :)
I first heard about planking from Miles & Becky's blog, now it is everywhere. Good job with the cupboards!

Kim Airhart said...

That does look hard.

I have the same exact pantry. I even posted almost the exact same post about organizing it.