Thursday, September 29, 2011

Benefit for Charlotte

Last Saturday M and I went to a benefit for a little girl named Charlotte.  She's had a rough first 5 months of her life and what sounds like still a long road ahead.  Charlotte is the daughter of one of my good friends of the past and they had a benefit for her in Maplewood which included silent auctions as well as a lineup of bands as entertainment.  The headlining band was Skywind, a band made up of all people I am friends with and most I went to high school with and some I've known for as long as 28 years.  They are no longer a band but got back together for this night as the singer of the band is also Charlotte's father.  I knew the benefit would be successful and it really turned into a high school reunion.  It was a complete blast from the past seeing a lot of people I hadn't seen since high school which already is over 16 years ago.  I had tons of fun talking with a lot of these people again and reconnecting with a few people in the band.  I also was able to see fellow blogger friend Ang and her boyfriend, which was fun.  I wish I took more pictures but I felt stupid wanting to take pictures of everyone.  Fortunately, Ang got a picture of us with Kristi.

If you're interested in following Charlotte's journey, check out her Caring Bridge page.

Kristi, Ang, Me


3 comments:

Ang said...

Hey - I was there too! :)

We've already talked about how awesome it was to see each other again, so, I'll spare you the details of how cool we both are!

Sara Strand said...

That's actually probably the most fun looking benefit I've ever seen! Very cool way to support a friend!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Such an awesome night!!! I was so into Skywind that I didn't bother to see half the old friends who were there....sad they all left just after the show. Erick told me about seeing this person and that person and I was like, "whoa. they were there too?"