Thursday, September 1, 2011

Lazy Weekend

Not last weekend but the weekend before I really had nothing planned and I LOVED every minute of it!  I ran over to my parent's house on Saturday to drop off something and I ended up staying over there for five hours.  I don't know if I have ever visited my parents for that long.  We hung outside on the deck and talked mostly and then my sister and her family came over for a bit.  They had just been shopping and bought Colton his first pair of shoes.  The kid will be one year old in the middle of September and he already started walking before the middle of July.  My dad played some ghetto game of baseball with Keith using a soccer ball and a broom.  They were having fun though...whatever works!







Japanese beetles that are eating up my parent's rosebushes! 
On Sunday, M and I went to a park by our house and fooled around on the basketball court.  We played a game where we each shoot 10 baskets and see how many we can get in.  I shot 7 for 10 and Michael shot, well, let's say it was much less than me.  Look how fantastic our form is!



After basketball, we took our bikes out and went for a ride to trails around our house.  Michael says I hinder his bike riding since he's Mr. I ride 150 miles and I'm Ms. I ride 1.5 miles.  Ok, not that bad but let's say my endurance (or my ass) isn't quite ready for those long rides yet.  

I have to say I don't have that many rolls!  It was the wind coming through my shirt!
Break time!  And don't laugh at the helmet!


2 comments:

Ang said...

as our summer winds down, we have to take advantage of every free moment of time we have!

JamieCat said...

Dana, I absolutely cannot stand that picture of the Japanese Beetles!!!!! I'm surprised you can...GROSS!!!!!!