My sister made this super cute turkey out of veggies.
Let's rewind to a little earlier in the day when I was still at home. Everything was going my way and I had lots of time to get the green bean casserole into the slow cooker, make a honey-orange broccoli salad and roast some sweet potatoes. I even made a pumpkin pie (for the first time) and it smelled so delicious when it came out of the oven. I set it on a cooling rack on the counter and when I opened the counter above it, a few spice containers fell down and ploop...right into the not-so-cooled but now ugly pumpkin pie. I bawled my eyes out. Michael had to comfort me and now looking back at it, I was so emotional about something so silly. I do hope that the homemade whipped cream that I made made up for the couple of divots on the pie's surface. I don't eat pumpkin pie but my Aunt Terri attested that it was delicious.
| I didn't get a pic of the pie post baking, pre-accident so an in-process pic will have to do |
While I would have liked to have been with M and his family, I'm thankful I was not. Why? Because 11 out of 14 people (except for one family) at their Thanksgiving got sick with food poisoning...or Norovirus...or the flu....or who knows because they can't pinpoint what it was but either way, M was spewing from both ends and I was his nurse, cleaning up puke and well, you know. You know you love someone when you can clean up all that stuff. My poor baby. I felt so bad for him but in less than 48 hours, it was done and over with and he was his good old self again.

2 comments:
Man, sounds like a good and bad Thanksgiving, depending on where you were. Glad your pie was still good! Sorry for M and his sickness - that doesn't sound fun at all!
Food poisoning is the WORST!!! Ick.
The pumpkin pie was probably delicious and I would've also cried, I am sure! My Thanksgiving was the most boring holiday ever, I really missed my family. I love that Veggie Turkey!
Post a Comment