Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Our First Breakfast Date

I haven't had much desire to blog lately and I haven't visited your blogs.  I go in these ebbs and flows of blogging and reading them and then, not so much, so it should be no surprise I'm behind on my blog.

A couple of Saturdays ago, June 2nd, I had breakfast with my grandpa.  Normally we have been doing dinners every other Wednesday but I thought it might be fun to mix it up a bit and meet on a Wednesday and on the opposite week, meet for breakfast on one of the weekend days.

M couldn't join us since he had last minute roofing plans at his cabin so it was just my grandpa and I. I met at his house at 9 am and we went to Shar'Els Cafe in Oakdale.  I had never been there before but the place was packed and we couldn't even find a parking spot in their lot.  We had a short wait of 5-7 minutes before we were seated.  I wanted to order an omelet however I rarely eat eggs so I wanted egg substitute.  They don't have it!  I thought that was weird considering this is a cafe that closes at 3 pm and only serves breakfast and lunch.  I ordered the omelet anyway.

I went back to my grandpa's house and visited with him for awhile before leaving so I could go home and go to the hospital to visit a little baby that was born the day before.  I never made it to the hospital.  I got home and felt completely sick, which I think is from the food.  I'm sure there was nothing wrong with the food but just the way I responded to eating a food I rarely eat.  

I didn't get a picture of my grandpa and I.  There really wasn't anyone that could take the picture for us and I'm a horrible self-portrait taker.  I even had a dress on! 
Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net


No comments: