The show opened with Reggie Watts who was a combination type comedian/beat boxer/rapper/musician that was....interesting. I'm not really sure what to think of him but he was funny at times and I had such a high from just being there getting ready to see Conan that that night that he was probably funnier to me than if I was about to see someone else. The show also included stand-up from Deon Cole, one of Conan's writers from The Tonight Show.
Conan's show opened with part of his band playing horns and running through the aisles of the main floor audience until Conan finally walked out and the crowd erupted with a standing ovation. Conan's show consisted of the use of a multiple uses for the huge video screen including what Conan's been up to the past few months, an appearance by Triumph the Insult Comic Dog, whom I met before, Conan's 8 stages of grief and Walker, Texas Ranger clips. He also played music with his band and his girls, The Cokettes. I did not do any research before the show to see what entailed but I was pleasantly surprised when Andy Richter was introduced to be part of the show. In addition, when Conan was playing with the band, he introduced Brian Setzer of the Stray Cats and Brian Setzer Orchestra and they played, "Rock this Town". Brian Setzer lives in Minneapolis and Conan is a huge rockabilly fan so after they finished their song together, Conan said something similar to, "That was a highlight of my life. I can die now" referring to playing live with Brian Setzer. The last part of the show was again a performance with both Conan and band and Brian and Conan takes off from the stage and runs up the aisle and takes off and disappears for about two minutes when he suddenly appears in the balcony running around and just about 15 feet away from us.
The show was incredibly awesome with so much laughter, talents, guests and just a mix of everything that encompasses and spells Conan O'Brien. Conan had so much energy and gave the audience 110% throughout the whole show. Enjoy all the pictures!
2 comments:
Dana - I hate you! I'm only partially kidding... you and Michael must have been willing to pay a bit more than Steve and I... cause I was looking too and never found anything within our budget (guess that's what happens when you're saving for Hawaii).
Anyhow.. I'm jealous. so very jealous.
How awesome to see Conan O Brien!! Lucky duck! Looks like it was a blast :)
Post a Comment