The first reason it was different was because there were some key people missing...Kim and Greg, Tiana, Craig, Kayla, Bryan, Chad, Lorrie, Greg and Mona and kids and Tanya. But there were lots of good reasons why these people couldn't make it but we still had fun with the others that were there.
The second reason why it was different is because M's parents have sold their house. They are moving this weekend to Hinckely, 30 miles closer to the Twin Cities, which means no more Lake Mille Lacs and no more midnight bike rides to the bar.
We took full advantage of our last days up there. We hung around the fire on Friday night having some drinks and enjoying the company. I have an application on my phone that is called Google Sky and it is a GPS-type application where it knows where you are and you point your phone up to the sky and it shows all the constellations/stars/planets/moon in their actual location. Besides finding some constellations, I found Saturn and Mars. Fascinating! (Did you know I wanted to be an astronomer when I was 9 years old?)
On Saturday, we rode our bicycles around the neighborhood and went to garage sales. Chris found a left-handed glove and two tennis rackets. M and I convinced him to get the rackets for him and Tanya as we have put them up to the challenge of playing tennis with us this summer. M always tells everyone that we're no good at tennis, to what I say, speak for yourself! I was on the tennis team in 7th grade! We rode our bikes to Buzzies, the bar in the afternoon heat for a drink. We figured it was best to test out the route for the evening bicycle festivities, or just because it was hot and we wanted a drink. In the evening, we partied around the fire for a while and then took all the bikes and got on the road headed to Buzzies. It was Tacky Night as well as karaoke night at the bar. We all had fun there knowing for many of us, this would be the last time we'd be here and we all made it home with no accidents on the road.
Here's to new memories at M's parents house in Hinckley. Thank you for all the good times spent in Isle.
M and Chris
M and his dad- He had knee replacement surgery recently so he was on crutches. He could still ride the bike to the bar though!

M, Big Ray and Little Ray"Hey sweet sister, how'd you like it if I bought you a drink?" Chris brought these glasses and we loved the 70's driving/Big Lebowski glasses.

One last picture of the group with bar owner Buzzie

2 comments:
Awesome! There is nothing better than Mille Lacs. My cousins and I go up there one weekend a summer and stay with out aunt (just happens it was this past weekend). We stay just up from Isle, on the East side of the lake and hit up all the bars for karaoke and whatnot. Good times!
PS - lovin' the new layout!
What a fun time! I am dying to go to a fun cabin with friends or family this summer, we'll see if it happens! PS Your new banner is super cool!
Post a Comment