Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Red (and some) Wine

I had won passes for an advanced screening to the movie Red a couple weeks back, however I had forgotten we had plans already for that night so we weren't able to go but I still wanted to see it so M and I went on Friday night to Marcus Theatres in Oakdale.  First, M and I were the youngest people in theatre, if you don't count the five year old that I'm sure enjoyed the movie.  We were surrounded by older couples, which was fine but I questioned it because maybe that means we're morphing into an older couple right before my eyes and I don't even know it.  That's how it happens, you know.

The movie itself was exactly what I expected it to be and worth the time and money.  I think the movie trailers portray the movie accurately.  The acronym for RED is 'Retired-Extremely Dangerous'.  I really like Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman and Helen Mirren but John Malkovich is a brilliant actor and cannot do wrong in my eyes on screen, no matter how odd, strange or creepy he may seem. The weakest link in the movie is Mary Louise-Parker, which partially is by design but I am not a fan of anyways, however I know many people love her in the series, Weeds. Richard Dreyfuss is also in the movie.

If you don't go out and see this movie, I would definitely recommend it as a rental.

Check out the trailer.


After the movie, we cracked a bottle of wine (now the blog title makes sense), lit some candles and debuted our monthly playlist of this month's 100 songs.  Yes, it's not November yet but we couldn't wait.  I was tired and didn't make it very long, as usual. 

2 comments:

Ang said...

I love some of the couple-y things you guys do - even if it makes you old ;)
I was on the fence about this movie - I think I'll go see it though.

Jamie said...

Good to know. Hey, mom wanted 2 empty wine bottles for a project she's going to do with Keith if you have some. Thanks!