I was driving home from work on Friday when I received a call from the 651 area code, which I live in but didn't not recognize the number but answered it anyway. My conversation went similar to this:
Me: Hello?
Caller: Dana?!
Me: Yeeeessss....
Caller: Hi, it's Tina!
(Pause)
Caller: Tina, your hairdresser!
(Pause)
Caller: From (Insert salon name here)
Me: Oh, hi.
***Ok, first of all, I hate the word "hairdresser" but for a lack of better term, I'll use that word. Second, my "hairdresser" does work at that salon, however her name is Angela and I've been going to her for years. I'm thinking this while I'm on the phone with her and then it dawns on me. Back around 3 years ago, I tried to make an appointment with Angela, however she was booked and I really wanted to get my haircut on that day. I decided to "cheat" on Angela and go to the same salon, different location and get my haircut that day. That's what I did and the woman that cut my hair was named Tina. Tina was in her late 40's but trendy. She cut my hair that day and all Michael heard later was me crying because it was the worst haircut of my life. I just hated it. She didn't listen to what I wanted and because I have a hard time being assertive when getting my haircut and just admitting that I don't like it, I didn't say anything at the salon. I just paid and walked out knowing I would never be back.***
Tina: How've ya been?
Me: Pretty good, and you?
Tina: Well, I just wanted to tell you that I no longer work at (Insert salon name) and that if you want your haircut, I will come right to your house and do it for cheaper than the salon would charge.
Me: Oh, ok. I'll keep that in mind and program your number into my phone.
Tina: Great, I won't call you again...I just wanted to let you know that.
Me: Ok, sounds good, thanks.
Tina: Yeeeeahhhh.....I was doing a perm for a client and I over processed it and the woman complained....I mean, it was an accident...it's not like I would do that on purpose....people make mistakes. Anyways, they told me that I could have until the end of November to find another job and then on Tuesday, they come and tell me that they accepted my resignation. I told them that I didn't put my resignation in and they just kept saying that they accept it.
Me: Huh.....
Tina: I mean, I've been there for 17 years! Those f*ckers just said that I resigned because they don't want to pay me unemployment. This is the second time this has happened to an employee in three months.
Me: Huh....I'm sorry to hear that.
Tina: Those f*ckers are going to pay. Oh, sorry about my language.
Me: That's ok.
Tina: Don't worry, I'm doing something about this and those f*ckers will be sorry. Sorry, anyway, I just called to say that so I won't call you again but call me if you need your haircut, ok?
Me: Ok thanks, take care.
Tina: Bye.
***I wake up Saturday morning and my phone is on vibrate. Michael tells me that it's "ringing" down in the kitchen. I missed the call but look to see who it was and my missed call was from Tina....after she told me she wouldn't call me anymore. I don't even know what to think about the whole situation other than it's strange and she is crazy.***
Me: Ok thanks, take care.
Tina: Bye.
***I wake up Saturday morning and my phone is on vibrate. Michael tells me that it's "ringing" down in the kitchen. I missed the call but look to see who it was and my missed call was from Tina....after she told me she wouldn't call me anymore. I don't even know what to think about the whole situation other than it's strange and she is crazy.***
5 comments:
wtf?! Why would she even go into detail about that? Especially if she wants you to make an appointment with her?! WTF, seriously? That's stupid and I'm not even involved with this situation.
On a lighter note/tip: since I know you are a google girl - Google has google voice, where you can create a phone number with them and have those calls forwarded to your real number - in situations where you cheat on your 'hairdresser', you could give the google number then when she doesn't stop calling, just change your google number and she'll never be able to find you!
This one cracks me up.
That's hilarious! I love it. What a crazy woman and no way in heck would I have her cut my hair!
Ang--Oooo, Google phone! Heard of it but never looked into it. Do you use it?
That is too funny! I never answer my phone either.
Post a Comment