Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Jax Cafe

M and I went out to dinner on Friday, September 9th.  We went to Jax Cafe and I took him there as an anniversary dinner of sorts.  Not our dating anniversary but an anniversary of something that happened one year ago from that weekend that changed our lives forever.  I hate to be all sneaky and private about it but it was something that consumed our lives for 9 months (and no, not a baby!) but has gone away, will never be back and our lives are fantastic now.  

M and I had only been to Jax Cafe one other time and we didn't realize what occasion it was until we were there.  We celebrated our first anniversary together, which was almost 7 years ago.  

We started with a cheese fondue and what I think was pita bread and it was so delicious.  I had a salad and then we had filet mignon and a baked potato.  M's filet was great, mine, not so much. It had a very different taste and I really should have said something but I didn't and just left it on my plate. I would still go back but I will never get steak again. 



On the table, there were a couple of matchbooks and M said, "That's weird".  I said, "I know.  Why would they give you matchbooks?"  He said, "No, look at what they say!"  


Check out this bad-ass sidecar!
If you're not going to be serious and smile nice for the camera, the Internet will find you

4 comments:

Ang said...

In all my years living NE, I've never been to Jax - maybe because I can't afford it?! who knows!

Glad to hear whatever was bringing you guys down is gone for good! Don't meant to pry... but... TELL ME, TELL ME!! ;) kidding, of course!

Lisa Sack said...

How did the match books say your name? Did M do that?

Dana said...

Lisa, Jax printed them. I made a reservation so they had my name.

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I was at Jax once for my Grandparents 40th anniversary. I have it on my list, want to go back :)