Saturday, September 17, 2011

Labor Day Weekend

It's the middle of September and I'm still here writing about Labor Day Weekend!  Geez.  No matter what I do, I can't blog up-to-date. M and I had Friday off so we bummed around the house waiting for the terrible traffic up 35 to clear and went up to M's parents house.  We were the only guests that night and with M's mom at the casino, M and I and his dad set up our chairs in the driveway and admired all the stars.  The stars are amazing out of the lights and cities and you can see everything, including the Milky Way.

The sky on our way up to Hinckley 
On Saturday, we headed up to Mille Lacs to see M's uncle and Charlotte, who just recently found out she has cancer.  After a brief visit with them, we headed back to M's parents house only to hop back in the car again and head to their cabin to look at some storm damage from earlier this summer.  We finally headed back to M's parents house for the night and would stay there until about 1 pm the next day.

At Mille Lacs-it was very windy


Trying to get creative with reflections




What better time to shoot off fireworks than when you're drinking!





1 comment:

Kim Airhart said...

Fun pictures! It looks like you all had a great time.