I've never been on a picnic with Michael. I've always wanted to. I've bugged him to take me on a picnic for YEARS. I finally took control and planned my own picnic.
Do you remember this song from Sesame Street? I still sing this song to this day.
On Monday, September 12th, M and I went on a picnic. I told M that I was taking care of dinner that night and that we'd have to leave the house by 5:15 pm. The reason for leaving at that time was that I wanted to get to his favorite deli/meat market before they closed at 6 pm. We arrived at
Big Steer Meats and ordered a couple of sandwiches, chips, potato salad and drinks and headed to
Mounds Park (read about it) on the bluffs of the Mississippi River. This is one of M's favorite places to go and I thought it would be perfect to hang out, eat, enjoy the very windy 90 degree day and look at the St. Paul and Minneapolis skyline at the same time. Everything about our picnic was so perfect, except maybe the few ants that made their way to our blanket. Picnics are not overrated! M, it's your turn next time to plan one.
 |
| I love you M.W.S! |
 |
| A barge making it's way down the Mississippi |
 |
| Do you see the Mpls skyline too? |
 |
| It was so windy that our blanket was like a kite |
3 comments:
extremely jealous! I've been bugging Steve all summer too.
HOWEVER, I will stand my ground and NOT plan this. I'll just cry about it so he can see how hurt I am that he didn't.
Do me a favor, this Saturday, brag about this picnic while Steve is around... maybe (just maybe) he'll take a fricken hint! ugh.
On a positive note: I'm glad you planned it, and even more that you had a wonderful time! Looks amazing up there!
I love picnics and don't go on them often enough. I'm inspired!
I am always taking the kids on picnics a few times each summer, but never is it just Tom and I. I only remember one in ten years. Yep, this needs to change. I'm sure it will be on me to plan, at least the first one anyway. A nice fall one would be perfect. Thanks for sharing Dana!
Post a Comment