Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Local Nature

I love nature and I love when nature is so close to my backyard, sometimes literally.  I just wanted to share a few photos I've taken over the course of a month or so on some of the things I've seen in nature lately.

This rainbow was probably the most bright and vibrant rainbow I've ever seen or at least remember seeing.  Unfortunately, there's too much "city" in the picture that can't be avoided.


Nothing prettier than a rainbow and power lines

We have lots of butterflies in our yard.  They are mostly the same species and they seem to have personalities and are playful.  In late spring, I swear they would wait for me to come home and play with them.  I'd come out from the car and they'd flutter around and land all over my body including my arms, hands, legs, shoulders and face.







We have plenty of these in our yard too.  This guy was just a baby bunny.


I felt so incredibly lucky and honored to have captured the next photos.  I was driving this past Saturday through the road that goes through Vadnais Lake or as M and I refer to it as "between the lakes" and I saw two bucks.  We've seen a deer in there before but to see two bucks was very exciting.  I had a good feeling before going through that I'd see something good.  The time of night was around 8:30 pm so it was a little dark and my camera was starting to die but here are handful of the best photos. 









1 comment:

Ang said...

I love the rainbows - this spring, as I was driving home, it was raining and there was a rainbow that i actually could see the end of! It was right in the middle of the road ahead of me - it was unlike anything I'd ever seen in my life! So beautiful!

I want butterflies to land on me!!! lucky!