Thursday, September 5, 2013

Road Trip Day One- Madison

M and I left work on Tuesday, August 12th, went home, packed up the car and headed east to Madison, Wisconsin for the first leg of our road trip that we'd be on for the next 6 days.  We took my car since I'm the one that has the new car now and M's been doing most of the long-distance driving for the last 7 years.

We left at exactly 6 pm for the 259 mile drive ahead of us to our hotel.  We stopped off quickly to eat in Eau Claire and got back on the road.  We played the license plate game while we were in the car and was able to check off a bunch of states.  Did you know there's an app for that?

We pulled into our hotel at exactly 10:13 pm, (my number haunt) and checked in.  We quickly decided to venture back out and check out Madison a little bit.  I had been to Madison a couple of times before, once when I was 16 and the other when I was 22-23 but I don't really remember it.

We parked by the capitol and walked to Great Dane Brewing Company.  We had a couple of appetizers and shared some beer.  I had a Door County Cherry Ale that was pretty decent before heading back to the hotel and getting ready for the 2nd day of our road trip.






Creepy

No comments: