Sunday, September 1, 2013

Twins Game

I brought Keith to a Twins game on Tuesday, July 29th.  After Vikings training camp from the weekend, I think I am now the sports Auntie.  I'm definitely ok with that.

We went to the event through my work and a charity organization called CornerHouse.  Before the game, we went to Epic for a dinner, live and silent auctions benefiting CornerHouse.  We ate picnic-type food and browsed the silent auctions before heading across the street to the game.

Once we arrived, we were walking around the stadium and a Twins employee approached Keith and asked him if he would like to be part of the Great Clips Grounds Crew at the end of the 5th inning, where he would replace one of the bases.  He said yes, I signed the waiver and we headed to the gift shop where Keith bought a Twins key chain with his name on it before heading to our seats.

Before the game, they debuted the logo for the 2014 All-Star Game.






I brought Keith to where he needed to be for the grounds crew and he and two other kids were taken down to the field.  It felt weird just letting him go and I was all alone for a couple of innings.  He ended up picking second base to pick up and replace so I tried to get as close as I could to record him.  While he was out on the field, shortstop Pedro Florimon threw him a ball. Lucky kid.  






When we got back to our seats, Keith said it would be funny if Florimon hit a foul ball and he caught it. Shortly after that, Florimon hit a foul ball that landed 12 seats away from us and we laughed.  With both his success at Vikings training camp and the Twins game and in the words of Keith, "It was a good sports week."  

No comments: