Thursday, September 12, 2013

State Fair

M and I went to the State Fair on Friday, August 23rd.  We went with M's company again and had to wear the silly matching shirts.  For the past couple of years, we've had to go to the fair and then head to a Vikings game but not this year thankfully.

It was super hot that day and it made it hard to stick around the fair for very long.  Our first stop was to Ball Park Cafe where we tried the mini donut beer by Lift Bridge.  Usually all these gimmicky beers don't work but this one was really good.  The beer itself was good and the rim of the glass was lined with sugar.

I only ate two things while I was out there.  Buffalo chips and a nasty Hawaiian dog.  I think when it's that hot out, it's not that fun to eat.  We did share some of the Comet Corn, which was liquid nitrogen-frozen caramel corn, cheese puffs and parmesan pretzels.  It was gimmicky and it really didn't work.

We only stayed for 2.5 hours before leaving.  We probably wouldn't go to the fair every year if it weren't for this employee perk of M.  (I'd be back though...)



Freezing cold Comet Corn

No comments: