Wednesday, July 9, 2008

George Michael

We went to see George Michael in concert on Monday night. We bought tickets the day of the presale months ago. I have loved George Michael since around 1985 when he was with the band Wham!. He was my "boyfriend" back then. Ok, so he's kinda my boyfriend now too, except now I know that I am not his type. I loved "Careless Whisper" and I finally got to hear him sing it live. It's so weird how time flies. His album "Faith" came out in 1987. That was 21 years ago! To me, it definitely doesn't seem that long ago. I do remember coming home from school around the same time and turning on MTV (back in the day when MTV actually played videos) and waiting for his song "Monkey" to come on. It was number 1 on the daily countdown for like 50 days in a row. He looked really good on stage. He danced around a lot and he was so smiley and happy. He's 45 years old now and he looked more energetic now then back then. Based on the review I read, he played 23 songs in 2.5 hours. I knew all but 3 songs, one of which is one his new album, "25 Live". We had great seats. We should have since we paid $175 apiece! This was my most expensive concert. I did spend $155 to see Elton John a few years ago though. Maybe the gay guy concerts are the most expensive? LOL. :) Despite the good seats, we didn't get any really good pictures. I think Michael and I take good pictures but when it comes to concerts, we can't perfect the right settings for the lighting. So these are the best we got.





2 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Glad it was awesome!
GM was on the show Eli Stone quite a bit this year...brought back fond memories!

Tanya Zenner said...

I agree it was a great show. I am glad I was able to go as well. He moves great!