Sunday, July 20, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday:

Michael and I went out with Tanya and Chris for dinner at Pepitos. It's one of Michael and I's favorite restaurants so we wanted to introduce our friends to a good place. The server was not good and Michael and I's order got mixed up and Tanya didn't get exactly what she thought she was getting so it wasn't the best experience but we had good company. After Pepitos, we went to Tony Jaro's River Garden to get a drink. They are famous for their drink called a "greenie". It made of vodka and some type of lime concoction and they are strong. They also have a weaker version called a "pinkie". After our drink, we went across the street to Psycho Suzi's. It's always fun here since they have a huge outdoor deck and patio.







Saturday:

We were supposed to go on the Vikings motorcycle ride called Ride For Life but it started to sprinkle in the morning and we knew that there were going to be storms later in the day so we had to cancel. We had been looking so forward to this too. I am sure we'll do it next year. So instead, we went to the 12 pm show for The Dark Knight at the Ultra Screen at Marcus Theatres in Oakdale. The movie was good and Heath Ledger did a fantastic job. The movie broke a record for opening weekend sales with just over $155 million in ticket sales. On Saturday evening, we went to Boston's in Maple Grove for some appetizers and beer. Half way through the night, Tanya and Chris joined us again.

Sunday:

We went to brunch with Michael's cousin Jeff and then we rode the motorcycle to a motocycle show at GB Leighton's Pickle Park. It was fun to look at all the bikes but it wasn't really crowd I was used to hanging out with. I don't want to go back to work tomorrow. Michael doesn't have to work tomorrow, or the next day or the next, or even the next since he was laid off on Friday. It's 9:45 pm and Michael just left on a whim to see a concert at the 7th Street Entry. He might as well appreciate his time off! If everything goes as hoped and planned, he will be getting a job offer this week. Cross your fingers for him! I hope everyone had a great weekend and have an even better week ahead.








2 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Oh No! I am having flashbacks of one night when I was introduced to the GREENIE. The MEAN Greenie!! Whats Tanya up to? I haven't seen her in awhile...

Anonymous said...

Hey Sis - since you're a professional blogger now I'd think you'd know how to spell psycho. j/k
Those bikes look sweet! Miss you! JS