Thursday, July 24, 2008

My week

Hi Everyone,

I haven't written since Monday. This week has been an array of emotions. I've been getting into bed early and just relaxing every night reading magazines. Work has been a little stressful as I have been busy and finishing up with an audit from Freddie Mac. I am glad I am finally done with it...until next year again. I got some pretty good news from my doctor yesterday. Last March when I went in for my annual exam, I found out that my triglycerides were high. Your triglyercides are a component of a cholesterol test. My cholesterol was fine (184 total) but my triglyercides (I'll call them T's) were not. The T level is how your body metabolizes sugar. A normal level is 150 and below and mine were 256. I was told to diet and exercise and read some information to avoid refined sugar and alcohol. I did the best I could these 4 months. I was VERY conscious of my sugar intake and I didn't drink alcohol. My results came back and my T's are now 198, which are still elevated but my doctor seems not to be worried and happy with the results. The numbers showed her I was making a conscious effort. Oh, and my cholesterol went down another 16 points to 168!
Happy Birthday to Tanya Hughes, my oldest and dearest friend whose birthday was Tuesday. We've known each other since we were in 8th grade and we don't get to see each other very often but we've got a date scheduled in 2 weeks and I'm excited to see her. Happy 13th anniversary to Samantha(Brodie)and Tim who celebrated their anniversary on Tuesday too. Michael and I went to visit my Gramma and Grandpa Falzone on Tuesday night. My gramma made me 7 dish towels, each labeled the day of the week. They have cats on them and they are very cute! Now I suppose I'll need to start doing dishes! Before stopping at their house, we went to the cemetery to look at my grandma's plot. There were 5 deer right on the hill above her plot. 2 bucks, a doe and 2 fawns. The one deer was a 6 point buck. The fawns were so cute. They were so small and looked like little dogs. And of course I didn't have my camera with me. My sister Jamie comes home from Branson again tomorrow and she'll be home until August 11th when she goes back to work down there. Finally, I've got a fun afternoon planned tomorrow and in the latter part of this weekend so I'll write again soon. Friday's almost here!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that these deer hang out there!