Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Blood, you have plenty of it

Have you ever donated blood before? If you haven’t, it’s pretty easy, especially if you have one of the Memorial Blood Center Buses come to your place of employment. I just gave a pint of my blood 30 minutes ago. You can donate right there and be back to work in less than an hour. I try to give blood whenever I am eligible. You can donate blood every 59 days. There are blood shortages quite frequently, especially for certain types so if you have the time, give blood. You may not know who the recipient is but I guarantee they appreciate their efforts. You are helping someone continue to LIVE. There are multiple places to donate, but here’s Memorial’s website if you are interested. If you need any other incentives, they are donating a pound of food for every pint of blood they take and you can even win a cruise. If you have a Dr. named Dr. Acula, I would be leary to giving him your blood. If you don't get it, then you might need more help than I would be able to give you. :)

1 comment:

Ang said...

I have an affliction to needles, blood, and things of the sort.... when I was blogging on myspace I wrote about trying to give plasma once: http://dirtymartinisandabottleofwine.blogspot.com/2008/04/angs-reasons-not-to-give-plasma.html

As much as I'd like to help, I'll be sitting this one out.

oh yeah... and I get your joke :)