Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Weekend Recap

Friday: 
Michael and I went to my employer's holiday party.  It was held at the new Hilton in Bloomington.  Our company  has been making budget cuts as much as they can this year and the holiday party was one of them.  Last year we had a formal sit-down dinner with a comedy type show and dueling pianos.  This year we had an "All Around the World" Buffet where you could get food from different parts of the world featuring Mexican, Asian, Italian, American and French foods.  There was also a DJ.  I preferred the more relaxed mood this year than last.  Here's a picture of us from this year and last year.  I thought it was interesting to compare the difference in just one year.  I obviously like patterned dresses.

This Year:

Last Year:


Saturday:
Michael had a little surprise for me on Saturday night.  We hopped in the car and went to Lake Phalen in St. Paul.  They have a holiday light display there that you drive through.  You pay $10 per car on weekends and $8 per car on weeknights to see all the lights.  It's pretty cool.   There were animated lights displays that go from one side of the street to the other, such as Santa Claus shooting a basketball into the hoop.  You see the ball travel over and across the street in the display.  I brought my camera but it was really hard to take pictures because you're not supposed to pull over or get out of your car.  Here's what I managed to get, which are not good but you get the idea.  If you can, go over there and take a look.  All the money raised goes to a handful of charities. For more info and a look at more of the displays, click here





Sunday:
An awesome Vikings win.  I had to say I was surprised at how good we looked.  I hope we can keep it up.  


3 comments:

Ang said...

wow, you guys looks different!!

SKOL VIKINGS!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I have seen the lights at Phalen from 61 and didn't realize what they had going on there. Sounds pretty cool!

Michael said...

I still like the crazy lumberjack look as opposed to the "HI! I'm at a work Christmas party" look.

As for you Dane...you are beautiful in both pictures.
:)