Sunday, December 21, 2008

Last Week and Weekend Recap

Wednesday:


I went out to dinner with my friend Rebecca to the Olive Garden after work for our Christmas get together. Our friend Rani was supposed to come but ended up cancelling because she was having a bad day at work and wasn't sure she was going to get out on time. Next time, Rani! I totally forgot to take a picture of us.


Thursday:


Michael and I went to Yarusso's to meet my cousin Dan, wife Tammy, son Tyler, cousin Chris and my sister and my nephew, Keith for our cousin Christmas dinner since they are leaving on Christmas Eve to go to San Diego to have Christmas with their dad. We had a lot of fun and I did bring my camera but it was dead when I got there so again, no picture.


Friday:


Michael and I went out with Tanya and Chris to the Cinema Grill in New Hope on Friday night to see Four Christmases with Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn. There used to be more Cinema Grill's around the Twin Cities but I think most of them closed down. You can order food off a menu and it gets delivered to you about 30 minutes into the movie. It was fun but the theatre was a little run down. The movie wasn't bad either. After the movie, we went to The Field House, a sports bar in Crystal. Here's a few pictures of us from the night.






Saturday:


Nothing much to report for Saturday. We were supposed to go out and see a jazz band at Tryg's in Minneapolis but since it was cold and snowy, we decided to stay in. We did make breakfast in the morning with the new omelet maker that Michael got from one of his coworkers. We had to make each one separate so Michael made his first and then I made mine. I don't eat eggs very much and often opt for egg substitute so I put mine in and it started sizzling. I wasn't sure if it was the actual omelet in the maker or the small amount of liquid I dripped on the burner so I picked up the pan and put it up towards my face to see if that is what was sizzling when all of a sudden, POP!! Part of the egg popped out and exploded on my face, hair and neck and of course it was hot! I freaked out and turned and leaned over the sink because I had egg pieces all over me and my neck got burned. I think I even had a piece of egg in my eye. After Michael came to my attention and realized I wasn't seriously hurt, he tries to make a joke and says, "You have egg on your face, big disgrace". I just gave him that look. It was a funnier joke throughout the day. The omelets turned out really good so I took a picture of my breakfast.




Sunday:


Stupid or loyal? Either word could have been used to describe us today. We got up and went out into the cold to tailgate for the Vikings game. The game was at 3:15 pm so we got out there in the noon hour, which is less time than we usually have for tailgating but it was really too cold to be out there for too long. We were all definitely prepared though. Extra socks, hand and feet warmers, long johns, boots, scarves, gloves, hats and jackets to keep us warm. To tell you the truth, it wasn't that cold since we were so prepared. We'd go back into the car every so often and warm up but we spent the majority of the time outside. The first bad thing to happen was Michael's car battery died. We had to get it jumped and from then on, it was fine. The battery just got drained from listening to music. The second bad thing was the food. As much as I wanted to like it, I just couldn't eat it. Michael brought venison brats to cook. I just didn't like the taste after a bite or two so I stopped eating it. The third bad thing to happen today was obviously the game. There are some games that can be enjoyable and fun even though the Vikings lose but this was not one of them. This game was pathetic. We lost 24-17. While T-Jack had a great game the first half, he started to fall apart in the second half, credited with three fumbles. And our butter finger friend, Adrian Peterson fumbled two times today. With the way the Vikings played today and the seven fumbles total, with Atlanta capitalizing on 2 of them by scoring 10 points, we will be lucky to make it to the playoffs. Now to even try to make that happen, I have to do something even worse tomorrow night...root for the Packers who play the Bears on Monday Night Football.


Michael's dead battery


Michael, me, Tanya, Chris

Awww!

The girls

The boys


Chris cooking
Me in the middle of the street posing
In the seats with our Vikings Santa hats on

2 comments:

Ang said...

ahhh yes, our AP; what a guy. Good for you for being a loyal fan!!!

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Dang Vikings!