We went to Minneapolis last night and ate at 508 Restaurant. It used to be Old Chicago on 1st Avenue. I had BBQ salmon with mashed potatoes and green beans. It was so good. We then went over to Target Center and saw Ryan Adams and Oasis. Ryan Adams opened up for Oasis. This was the third time I have seen him in concert. He played at First Ave. back in 2004 and it was the first time that 1st Ave. ever ran out of beer. Ryan Adams is not be confused with Bryan Adams, who's music is much more lame than Ryan Adams. (I'm a music snob sometimes) Ryan and Bryan do both share the same birthday, coincidentally. Back to the show...we 10th row floor tickets and I don't know think I have ever been to a concert on the main floor that wasn't general admission. I've seen hundreds of bands so you would think I have been on the main floor in a seat, but I don't think I had. Ryan Adams was good but I wish he would have played longer. You may know one of his songs called "When Stars Go Blue". No, The Corrs featuring Bono from U2 did not originally do this song, nor did Tim McGraw. Ryan Adams wrote it and it's his song but I think the other artists have received more credit than he. I'm not a huge fan of Oasis but they did seemed ok. I actually have not owned one of their CD's since 1993 or 1994. The crowd was small for the Target Center, consisting of only 5,000 people. Some would say it's due to the economy, others would say it's because Oasis sucks. Both could be right. Here are some pictures from the show. They actually allowed cameras instead of me having to be all sneaky and take pictures. P.S. On the way into the concert in the Skyway, we saw a guy that looked like Chris Robinson from the Black Crowes. We disregarded him. Then I found out that The Black Crowes played at First Ave. across the street so it was him. I rarely get star struck and it's funny because this is the 2nd time Michael and I have seen him on the streets. We walked right past him on the street in Seattle in 2005. Again, we recognized him and thought he looked a lot like Chris Robinson but it's Seattle, so there are many people that sport that hippie/homeless look. We found out that they were in town playing that night so it was confirmed.
Ryan Adams and the Cardinals
2 comments:
Looks like a fun show! I did not know that Old Chicago downtown was something else now
Michael cracks me up! I see frog more than cat??
Post a Comment