I didn’t do much of anything Friday. I had so many plans to clean and organize the house and I did none of them. Instead, I cleaned up my computer and deleted over 9,000 songs, which are ones that were compressed that I don’t listen to anymore and removed any programs that weren’t necessary. I then installed my new Photoshop software and played around all day.
Saturday:
Michael and I went to my sister and BIL Tom’s house for an open house to celebrate Tom’s mom’s 75th birthday. We then took my nephew, Keith, to see the movie, Bolt. It was a cute movie. I thought the voices of Bolt (John Travolta) and Penny, (Miley Cyrus) would bother me, but they weren’t bothersome at all. Good thing I have been to a movie with him before because he asked Michael for “a shell” when we got there. Michael had no idea what he was talking about and I told him that was an Icee. I think he might call it a shell because of the domed top, but not quite sure. Either way, he got his mixed-flavored Shell. We dropped him off and then we went to Rice Park in St. Paul to look at the lights and take some pictures and then to Punch for dinner on Grand Avenue. This was the first time I had been there but Michael went there the day before with his nephews and was craving it again and wanted to take me there. It was really good. The pizza is so light-tasting. (I don’t know what other way to explain it!)
Downtown St. Paul

Sunday:
Big Day! We went tailgating for our last regular season game, not knowing if we our season would be over or if we could continue into January for the playoffs. I think the best way to summarize the day is with bullet points:
· Vikings needed to either win or have Chicago lose in order to win the division and get a playoff spot
· Vikings played the Superbowl champs, New York Giants…..and won with no time left on the clock when Ryan Longwell kicked a 51 yard field goal to win 20-19!
· Chicago lost to Houston anyways, so if the Vikings did lose, we would still have made the playoffs and clinched the division but we did it on our own merit
· Vikings win the NFC North Division! The first time to win the division since 2000 and the first time to ever win the division since it was realigned as the NFC North! (used to be NFC Central)
· Vikings play the Eagles on Sunday, January 4th at 3:30 pm. This will be my first home playoff game since 2001. Ironically, the last playoff game I saw was in January 2005 against the Eagles at Lincoln Financial Field in Philly. Michael’s birthday is the 5th so let’s hope for a nice birthday win! (I’m not crossing my fingers or holding my breath though and neither should you but you can cross your fingers with me)
The look of knowing your team is going to the playoffs

1 comment:
while I cannot watch your video at work, I can see your pictures... and I've decided that dorks or no dorks... you are one awesome couple!
SKOL VIKINGS!!! I hope it sells out so I can watch it!
Post a Comment