Monday, June 14th: This is the first day back after the MS150 and I was supposed to go to work. Instead I wake up with an incredible sore throat and have aches, a fever and am miserable. I miss Michael's annual company picnic at the Saints game.
Tuesday, June 15th: I'm out of work again and do not feel any better. Michael is accompanying me today as he does not feel well today either.
Wednesday, June 16th: I go to work but go to Target's Minute Clinic after work. I get tested for strep throat and the rapid test comes back negative. My germs are sent out to a lab for further testing.
Thursday, June 17th: I feel better! Michael goes to the doctor to get tested for strep since he has some symptoms and they put him on antibiotics.
Friday, June 18th: I had a scheduled day off of work for my cousin's wedding. I wake up feeling like crap again and debate going to the wedding. I call the minute clinic to see if they can prescribe anything for me to make me feel better. Their only solution is a chloraseptic-type spray. Forget it. I pop lots of sudafed and ibuprofen and go to the wedding...and have a good time!
Saturday, June 19th: I get a call from Target Minute Clinic. My throat culture is POSITIVE. I have strep and I'm contagious for the next 24-48 hours. I'm completely sad that I possibly infected everyone in my life by being around anyone, including at my cuz's wedding. It's a majority decision that I cannot attend the Father's Day get together at my parent's house today. I instead get my prescription and start taking them immediately to combat this bacteria and watch the Twins game by my lonesome.
Sunday, June 20th: Not feeling any better. Happy Father's Day.
Monday, June 21st: I stay home from work because I am still not better and I'm not sure if I am contagious. I work from home for half the day before having to get myself up and put together and go out to a concert. I wouldn't have gone if I didn't feel like I have to. I was not going to waste a ticket that cost mucho dinero.
Tuesday, June 22nd: I'm back to work but still don't feel good. Michael stays home today because he's sick again/still.
Wednesday, June 23rd-Tuesday, June 29th: I finished up my 10 day supply of antibiotics but still do not feel cured. My sore throat comes and goes and I have a horrendous honking cough (think geese) and cannot hear. My whole side of my head is congested and my ears are plugged. What'd you say?
Wednesday, June 30th: I went back to the doctor because I can't stand it anymore. I went to a real doctor, not a minute clinic and they tested me for strep again. The rapid test comes back negative. (Heard it) They treat me for another/ongoing case of strep with another round of antibiotics, this time a stronger dose. I also have severe congestion in one ear (what I consider my good ear) and an ear infection starting in the other ear. The doc told me to take Afrin for 3 days to clear my congestion and my sinuses should start to drain. The coughing is from the irritation of my throat. I can't wait until I can hear again and smell again and swallow again without pain and stop coughing so I don't annoy my honey or my coworkers!
To everyone out there, wash your fricking hands! I am somewhat of a germaphobe and am careful about spreading germs and you should be too! Michael tells me what goes on in men's bathrooms and what he sees, and believe me, it's not good. Everyone needs to wash their hands! Kids! Women! Men! Everyone!
2 comments:
yuck! So sorry you're sick! That sounds like the pits!
Dang girl, that is way more than your share of the sickies! Hope you start to feel better soon
Post a Comment