On Saturday, February 16th, my mom and I went out to breakfast in downtown St. Paul to Downtowner Woodfire Grill. M and I used to go to breakfast here all the time but we haven't been for quite some time. My mom, of course, hadn't been there so it was a new experience for her. I'm trying to get her to experience as much as she can, even if it is just a restaurant.
We both ordered the same breakfast and enjoyed the ambiance before heading to Macy's.
We went a handful of blocks over to the Macy's store that is closing. They will be closing their doors March 16th and at the time we went, they were offering sales at 40-60% off for most items. Since I had a bunch of gift cards to use, we didn't spend a dime out of our own pockets and even had gift card money left over. I bought a top and pair of pants and my mom bought a few tops. I was eyeing an orange scarf there but it was still a little too much than I wanted to pay so I didn't get it. The same goes for a Michael Kors jacket.
Fast forward a week and my sister and nephew went to the same Macy's and the sale was 50-70% off most items. The orange scarf was still there at 60% off. The Michael Kors jacket was also still there, but in black instead of teal and an additional 10% off, making it now 60% off. I picked up both and called it a day. It didn't hurt my wallet too bad since I used my leftover Macy's gift card.
| Imagine this scarf in bright, bright orange |
Afterwards, my sister, Keith and I went to Joseph's Grill for lunch. My nephew is growing up so fast. He's going to be 10 in June and I wish he would just stop growing for a little bit so I can still enjoy his company as a little boy!
1 comment:
I've heard that the St Paul Macy's has had some rocking steals.... score for you!
Post a Comment