Saturday, April 18, 2009

Biggest Loser: Week 2 Weigh In

I weighed in again this past Tuesday at work for the biggest loser contest.  I tried very hard this week (or so I thought) and I came up not that big of a winner, (or loser actually) but am very consistent.  I lost the exact same percentage as last week, -.62%.  Considering this was Easter weekend and treats and food all over the place, I think I did ok.  More people gained this week than last and I would imagine it was because of Easter.  Overall, everyone lost much less weight (%) than the first week.  I am posting these statistics which kind of embarrass me because I am not doing the best but I want to keep at it and see my improvement.  I never cared about winning the money but I would love to finish between 5-8th place if not better.  We'll see.  Here are the statistics for everyone this week: 

Total 1st place female: -4.51%
Total 1st place male: -3.76%
Total Me:  -1.24%
# of people who did worse than me this week: 6 females and 4 males
Average weight loss for week 2: -.49% female, -.63% male
Where I rank with the females: 13 of 19  (last week 15 of 19)  Remember, I am only competing against females.

Total weight lost for week 2 collectively: 

Female: 15.2 lbs
Male: 19.8 lbs

Total weight lost since start: 119 lbs

Slow and steady wins the race?!  Maybe that's me.

4 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

Keep it going Dana!! You can do it! Me on the other hand...I have gained 5 lbs this week

Ang said...

Keep up the good work Dana... one day at a time!!

Michelle Leigh said...

Great work Dana! Do they do % of weight or total weight loss?

Dana said...

Thanks girls! Michelle, the contest measures your total weight loss as a percentage each week. Then our numbers are cumulative throughout the contest.