Thursday, April 9, 2009
Digital TV
M and I seem to be the only people on earth that do not have cable or satellite TV, hence the need for the digital converter box. I picked up 2 of these and paid little out of pocket thanks to my government sponsored $40 coupon. It was a hassle to even buy this thing. I went to Target and their systems would not accept the coupon, which looks like a credit card. Target says they've had nothing but trouble with these coupons. After literally waiting 10 minutes for the transaction to be complete, they were nice enough to give me 2 $3 coupons for the store for being so nice during the issues. I was patient that day and I guess it paid off a little. Because I barely watch TV, I had no interest in installing it right away. I finally did it last Saturday and it was a pain. Part of the reason was that I didn't read the instructions correctly. (I shouldn't have read them at all like a guy would do and probably would have figured it out faster) I finally got everything to work after 30 minutes or so. We went from 13 channels to 20 channels. Most of the "new" channels are duplicate channels of what we already have however they are in HD. Oh, we got another weather channel too. (I like that--and my Dad would like that I like that. Follow?) What I didn't realize when setting this whole thing up is that the TV still needs to use an antenna. I thought the whole purpose of this thing was to eliminate the anntena but I guess it's just for the signal itself, not the reception. Whatever. The bad thing about this box is that now I have 2 remote's for the TV. I have to turn on the box with the one remote, which also changes the channels but then to turn on the TV and adjust the volume, I have to use the other remote. Again, whatever. The good thing is the size of the box. It's pretty small but has a nice bright red light on it when it's off and it bothers me just enough in the dark when I'm trying to sleep. Whatever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
how do you really feel about it Dana?
The box says DIGITAL-TO-ANALOG CONVERTER.
Isnt that going the wrong way?
I think you bought the wrong ones babe, go return them at Target and re-install them please.
;P
Post a Comment