Today I weighed in for the biggest loser contest at work. My results were as I expected....not the greatest. I did lose weight and I should be thankful for any weight loss because that at least means I'm doing something right but it wasn't enough to keep me in the 8th position. I slipped back to 10th place with my measly weight loss percentage of -.42%. Let's just say it wasn't the best week because my "monthly bill" arrived. (Sorry, guys) I did some evaluating of the results throughout the weeks and I did notice that I am only 1 of 5 people that have lost weight each week. Everyone else has gained weight on at least one of the weeks. I can be happy about that. I'm giving blood again tomorrow. I wish I could have given blood on Monday. That's a pint (16 oz which is 1 lb) less of me! Ok, I don't know if 16 fluid ounces equates to 1 lb or not but I'm trying anything I can here. Maybe I'll tell my body to not "make" any more blood until the next Wednesday. Maybe I'll get my haircut next Monday night. That has to be a few ounces, right?
Here are results:
Total 1st place female: -6.22%- I should have mentioned this earlier but we have changed leaders 3 times since we started for the females
Total 1st place male: -6.14%--Changed leaders but not sure how many times
Total Me: -2.47%
# of people who did worse than me this week: 8 females and 6 males
Average weight loss for week 4: -.43% female, -.39% male
Where I rank with the females: 10 of 19 (last week 8 of 19)
2 comments:
I like that you look for the positive ~ 1 of only 5 who've lost weight each week ~ that's terrific! Win or lose the contest, or somewhere in between, you should be proud of yourself for taking this step and living a healthy lifestyle. You go, girl!
Hang in there lady! It's tough, but keep at it... a loss is a loss, trying switching up the routine at the gym...
oh and that monthly annoyance doesn't help at all!!
Post a Comment