Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Let's Play Ball!

M and I went to see the Twins in the Metrodome on Monday night.  It's been M and I's tradition to go to the home opener each year and this was our 6th year.  Of course this year it's even more special as that was the last home opener in the Metrodome for the Twins.  They will be moving to Target Field for the next season.  For 3 of the home opener years, we have had to mourn the loss of someone affiliated with the Twins organization before the game.  In 2005, it was Bob Casey, longtime PA announcer of the Twins.  In 2006, it was Kirby Puckett and this year was Carl Pohlad.  There was a tribute for Carl Pohlad that included 95 different people from 95 different organizations/charities that the Pohlad Family Foundation supported.  
I didn't eat anything at the game.  I take that back.  I didn't buy any food at the game.  I wanted to but because I weighed in at work for The Biggest Loser today, I couldn't afford to eat a Dome Dog on the eve of the weigh in.  Or nachos.  I did however bring in 2 100 calorie snacks to eat.  (Yes, you can bring in food to the dome)  They weren't as good as dome food but it worked.  Oh, I did have 2 of M's cheese curds on the plaza before the game.  How can you pass up cheese curds?
As far as the game, it was fun but we lost 6-1.  I'm sure they were just getting used to playing for real and working out all the bugs and it won't be any indication of how the season is going to go, right?  That's what I'm hoping for at least.  

All the people on the plaza
Jeff Passolt and Robyne Robinson



Bullseye, the Target dog throwing out 1 of the first pitches

Introduction of the teams
The 95 organizations


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have awesome willpower Dana!! I have NONE. I would've eaten a hot dog and the cheese curds AND then I probably would've gotten ice cream. I need to kick my butt into shape and it is so dang hard!!!!!
We should go on a walk together somewhere after work one of these nice days!!
PS I am happy to see M in your pics