Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Flu

Swine Flu...first of all, I hate that name. Is this flu something you are concerned about? Do you think the media is blowing this out of proportion as they do with so many other topics? I might be ignorant but I am not letting this concern me too much. I understand the situation and I have kept up to date with the latest news regarding the outbreak but I feel like this will die down and the spreading of the virus will go away. There are thousands of people who die each year due to what we call "the flu" that originated through human to human contact. I just think the media is starting to scare people. I look at the pictures on CNN and see a team of doctors that look like this. Doesn't that look scary? Let me know what you guys think about this whole thing.

2 comments:

Kristi @ Mi Vida Ocupada said...

I am only worried because my brother is in Mexico right now!

Ang said...

I thought I commented on this when you posted it... guess not.
I haven't been concerned at all.. I wash my hands! I think the media always tries to scare people with the crap they say.. it's crap!
I will say this though; it was nice to hear about something other than our economy for a few days... until it started having an impact on the travel industry....