Sunday, April 12, 2009

Happy Easter!

Today I went to my aunt and uncle's house in Somerset, Wisconsin to celebrate Easter with my Mom's side of the family.  It was hard being around all the good food and soooo much candy.  I tried to be good and ate 1 piece of chocolate and tried to not to gorge myself on all the delicious food.  I do have to weigh in on Tuesday.  My aunt and uncle live on a hobby farm so they have a rooster and hens, a horse and a cow.  The cow (steer) is just a young little thing and he is so cute.  (I'm not going to tell you what happens to him down the road)  I took a lot of pictures of the animals and food and realized that I hardly even took a picture of a human.  I did take a few of my nephews though.  Oh, I also made some candy this weekend.  Do you remember when I made M some V-Day candy?  I decided I would try and make some candy for Easter also.  I made it yesterday afternoon and it was a lot more detailed than last time.  I used 4 different colors of chocolate and I think for the most part, they turned out good.  I put sticks in the molds to make it like a chocolate lollipop.  I made 3 large "lollipops" and gave them to my Mom.  She loves chocolate and candy.  Hope you all had a great Easter weekend spending it with the ones you love.


The candy I made
My aunt made a "nest" out of carnations and hard boiled eggs
The sunflower cake my sister made 
Cute baby cow and Sasha the horse
Don't they look like statues?  They're real

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter Dana!
Great job with the chocolates and I LOVE all your pics :) Those farm animals are so cute and the desserts all look yummy

Julie said...

Only 1 piece of candy?! I don't know how you did it. Congrats!! What are you doing to lose weight, just watching what you eat? I really need to start doing something to lose the weight from my pregnancy.
Good Luck with your weigh in. :)

Julie

mamamouseiam said...

I'll bet the Easter table looked very inviting ~ such talent you, your sister, and your aunt have! And, what willpower you have to only eat one piece of candy. :-) Good for you! Good luck today on your weigh in!

Jamie said...

Great pics!