Friday:
Lately we've been watching movies on Friday nights. I'm loving that the hectic schedule of the summer and the overflow of that into September is done and we can relax and take it easy. We watched the King's Speech. We're about 6 months overdue from the time it was released so I'm glad we finally had a chance to watch it. I liked it and Colin Firth deserved his Oscar for Best Actor. I also thought Geoffrey Rush was fantastic. Have you guys seen it? Did you like it?
Saturday:
I love the fall days where the sun is shining and it's warm for fall standards and there is nothing planned which means you can do whatever you want to enjoy the day.
We ate breakfast at Pizza Luce:
We went to Cherokee Park in St. Paul where we found the bench and plaques that were dedicated to Eyedea. There was a celebration of his life, music and the unveiling of two plaques and a bench last Sunday which marked the one year anniversary of his death.
We went home and watched some of the Gophers football game and decided we had had enough so we walked to the park to shoot some hoops.
And we relaxed and ended the evening with a movie called Cedar Rapids which I thought was pretty funny and Saturday Night Live, a rerun, but we had never seen it so it didn't matter to us. In the words/lyrics of Ice Cube, ♪ I got to say today was a good day. ♫
2 comments:
way to end a wonderful post with a wonderful line of lyrics!
sounds like a PERFECT weekend!
Cool basketball shots!
Post a Comment