Monday, October 10, 2011

Julian, Bubbles and Ricky

If you know who Julian, Bubbles and Ricky are, I'm impressed.  They are characters on a Canadian TV show called Trailer Park Boys.  The show is everything that is stereotypical of a trailer park and stereotypes in a Nova Scotian trailer park are no different than in the United States.  The series ran from 2001-2008 and they had two movies.  The show is full of drinking, drugs, illegal plots, jail and tons of swearing.  And it's hilarious.

Last Tuesday, M and I went to see Trailer Park Boys live....the Drunk, High and Unemployed Tour. The show consisted of the three main characters; Julian, who is never seen without a rum and coke in his hand (and I mean ever), Bubbles who wears coke bottle glasses and lives in a shed with all his kitties and Ricky who is considered the dumbest of all of them with tons of malaprop's (or Rickyisms like "it's a catch 23" or "get two birds stoned at once") It basically was a live episode of their TV show.  It was very entertaining and kind of surreal to see these characters in real life.  I bought tickets to this probably four months ago and we had really great seats, 3rd row on the aisle.

If your are into crude comedies, check it out!  Has anyone out there seen Trailer Park Boys before?  


Before I show pictures from the show, we walked past this place on Hennepin which featured art from Dana-something.  It was creepy!  




Now for the show:





Ricky (my favorite), Julian and Bubbles





Thanking the crowd out of character



3 comments:

Why Girls Are Weird said...

I've never heard of them but it sounds pretty funny!

Lisa Sack said...

COOL! I wish I could have been there! Ricky is my favorite too cuz he is so stupid it is hilarious! Glad you guys got to go.

Lisa Sack said...

Oh and yeah that art is CREEPY! Especially the one with the kid in the well. I mean WTF is that all about? Maybe the artist is a serial killer? WEIRD