I knew Sunday was the day that the Vikings played the Packers because why? It always rains on that day, literally and figuratively for the past couple of times. It was a late game, 3:15 pm, so that always throws off our tailgating schedule. I prepared and marinated some veggie goodness for kabobs the night before and M got his meatball marinara sandwich with provolone and bacon all ready for grilling but before we left, there was one big problem. We could not find the heat regulator/thingamajig for the grill, therefore we were SOL. Then we remembered we had a small gas grill that we dusted off and brought that instead. So not ideal but it definitely worked in a pinch and our food turned out pretty good, except for M's charred bacon.

There were of course lots of Packers fans tailgating which always makes me a little queasy when I see that much green but everyone was nice to each other in the lot. It was just M and I tailgating and we spent more time in the car than we wanted to as it was raining pretty good for about 30 minutes and we didn't want to get wet.
It was Christian Ponder's first start in the NFL and more importantly his first start for the Vikings. McNabb doesn't bother me as a person but it was refreshing to have a new start in this already awful season and we're all ready to see what Ponder can do. First, the Vikings lost and that should be no surprise for so many reasons but we hung in there....way more than I thought we would or could. The final score was 33-27 so despite the loss, there was no complaining or blaming Ponder for anything but I do wish we would have gone for it on 4th down in the last 4-6 minutes of the game as that was our last chance to win.
Target was having a promotion during the game and they picked a section and row in the entire metrodome to give gift cards to. The section they chose was our section but the row was 4 down from us. Each person in the row received a $250 gift card to Target! That would have been nice!
During halftime, Chris Doleman was inducted into the Vikings Ring of Honor.
 |
| Look at that technology! |
1 comment:
we braved the rain, made it more fun - i guess.
and, don't even get me started on the whole 'not going for it on 4th down' - I felt like Childress was back in charge. What's the worst that could have happened? We lost anyhow. ugh.
Post a Comment