Saturday, October 8, 2011

Fall Color Weekend- Leaves- Part III

A big reason we went up north last weekend was to see the leaves which were to be at their peak.  On Friday, we drove up about 60 miles north close to Schroeder, MN and went east on one of the fall color tours.  The day was absolutely perfect with the sun shining and the leaves looked very pretty.  Some areas there wasn't much of a change an others had a spectacular colors.  Unfortunately, it was hard to take great pictures with all the shadows but here is a sample of what we saw.












 We also drove up and did another fall color tour on Saturday afternoon but it wasn't nearly as pretty.  Hardly any of my pictures turned out.  On our way back, we stopped at Viking Legends Sports Bar and Grill in Two Harbors.  It's a new bar/restaurant that's been open for about 3 months and is co-owned by ex-Viking Jim Marshall.  




I didn't photoshop the sky.  It was really like this!

We didn't see much wildlife on our trip.  I was hoping that we would get lucky and see a moose on one of our fall color tours.  I did see one cross in front of our car when I was a kid on those back roads.  I'll have to try and find that picture someday. This time, we saw a 20 lb dead skunk (HUGE) on the way up and then we saw a buck on Friday and a few deer in Two Harbors.  





We had a great time on our trip up north.  I love it up on the north shore and want to visit up there as often as I can. I love Minnesota! Of course my honeybear Michael made the trip wonderful also.  We have so much fun together and I can't imagine a different or better partner than him!

Us being goofy

2 comments:

Sara Strand said...

I think the colors this weekend are better- at least in Duluth it is really awesome. I noticed that yesterday when I was driving the back way to the mall- it's like.. holy cow! The liklihood of seeing a moose are kind of slim on the North Shore anymore- I think you have to go over towards Ely and stuff. BUT we have deer and fox rampant in my hood! ;)

Ang said...

lovely photos! Steve and I are off today, to probably Stillwater/Hudson areas to check out some colors... hopefully I'll have something to share!

(ugh, here I am reading blogs on the weekend... again! Shame on me!)